of the new testament
The Bible is the textual means of God’s message to us and it affects and influences every part of the Christian life. The Bible has been thoroughly attacked moreso in the last few hundred years and there are questions we need to have answers to.
Some of the questions are big, some are small, others may not even be on your radar. WhatI aim to give you here is a well rounded base of answers for questions from multiple angles either in the resources and articles.
- How did the canon form and how do we know it’s correct?
- Were the New Testament authors telling the truth?
- What about the manuscripts?
- What do we do if we only have copies of the original papyri?
- Before the apostles and fellows wrote it all down, how was the message preserved?
- What evidence outside of the Christian faith recognised the existence of first century Christians? And does it align with today’s Christianity?
- What about supposed errors and contradictions?
- What do we mean by “Inspiration”?
There are many books! But finding the best for normal people to read isn’t easy! Here I’ve added a few great reads that won’t force you to slug through difficult terminology.
A great book for beginners when it comes to knowing if the Gospel authors were right in the detail. Did they know the first century? How can we tell they used reliable information? Can we know if we have the words of Jesus? For the reliability of the Gospels, this provides a great introduction into this topic.
J Warner Wallace’s book has been built for those who want to investigate the Christian story from a detective direction. What this book does is looks at the Christian texts purely as documents and from then on proceeds to determine them as historical and eyewitness sources that are reliable.
This is your encyclopedia for questions on the Bible and the resurrection. You can find books based on the chapters from this, but what this will do is give you all the essential information you need. Buy it. It is essential.
This book will take you from the Old Testament formation right through to the modern Bible’s of today. This book is designed to give you an overall treatment of the history so you can observe the chain of events that led up to the Bible you read today.
Has the Bible been corrupted? What about the Gnostic works? Was Jesus just a social justice warrior? Did Paul take Christianity to the next level with a plan in mind from the beginning prior to conversion? Have we found the tomb of Jesus and his body? These are the questions sceptics can ask of Christians and this is the book to have answers to these objections.
In Depth specifics
Dan Wallace Vs Bart Ehrman [Recommended for your first debate]
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Different Genealogies)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Who did the Angel Appear to?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Jesus, a Nazarene?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (When did John meet Jesus?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Order of Temptations)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Where did Jesus meet His disciples?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Displaying Good Works)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Centurion or Elders?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Who Was the 12th Disciple?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Did Jesus come for Gentiles?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Carry a Staff?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (The Feeding of 5000?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (How long was Jesus Dead?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (Can God do all things?)
- Supposed Bible Contradiction (What Day Did Jesus die?)
- Supposed Biblical Error (The Census of Quirinius)
- Supposed Biblical Error (The Death of John the Baptist)
- Supposed Biblical Error (From Tyre to Galilee through Sidon)
- Supposed Biblical Error (Gerasenes and Gadarenes?)
- Supposed Bible Error (A Flat Earth?)
- Supposed Bible Error (The Jewish Custom of Hand Washing)
- Supposed Bible Error (The Jordan River Geography)
- Supposed Bible Error (Nazareth)
- Supposed Bible Error (Bethany and Bethphage)
- Alleged Historical Errors in the Gospels (Matthew & Mark) | Tim McGrew
- Alleged Historical Errors in the Gospels (Luke & John) | Tim McGrew
- Alleged Contradictions in the Gospels | Dr. Timothy McGrew
- Alleged Contradictions in the Gospels (part 2) | Dr. Timothy McGrew
Michael Licona Compositional devices approach
- Full talks part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
- When did they gather together to question Jesus?
- Was Jesus questioned by Herod?
- Where was Jesus taken immediately after His arrest?
- Who put the robe on Jesus?
- What were Jesus’ last words?
- Did tombs really open at the crucifixion?
- Did both robbers mock Jesus or only one?
- Who carried the cross?
- Did Rome let people near the cross?
- Did Rome crucify thieves?
- What time was Jesus crucifixion?
- Who buried Jesus?
- Who did the women find at the tomb?
- Did Mary Magdalene weep or rejoice?
- When did the Ascension take place?
- Who found the empty tomb?
- Did the women tell anyone or not?
- Did Mary Magdalene recognize Jesus?
- Could Jesus’ followers touch Him?
- Did Jesus tell His disciples to preach to everyone or just the Jews?
- Where did the Ascension take place?
- Did an angel cause an earthquake and roll back the stone or not?
- Did the disciples stay in Jerusalem or go to Galilee?
- Was Jesus crucified before or after the Passover meal?
- What were the women supposed to tell the disciples?
- Who came out to meet Jesus?
- Did Jesus go to Magdala or to Dalmanutha?
- Was it a Canaanite or a Syro-Phoenician woman?
- Was Jesus talking to a crowd or only to His disciples?
- Was it 6 days or 8?
- Did Jesus heal the blind man by touch or by speaking?
- How many blind men did Jesus heal at Jericho?
- Did Jesus heal the blind man on His way into or out of Jericho?
- Did the fig tree wither on the same day or the next day